I have a background in the arts and received my Bachelors in Fine Arts from the School of Visual Arts. After graduation I worked as an administrator in college health and counseling for several years. I went on to receive a Masters in Social Work from Hunter College with a focus on clinical practice with individuals and families and a specialization in trauma as part of a collaborative training program through the National Center for Social Work Trauma Education and Workforce Development. Over the course of my career I have worked with children, adolescents, college students, adults and families. Prior to starting my private practice, my diverse training and professional experience included the following:
- Provided services to adults with serious and persistent mental illnesses on the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team at the Postgraduate Center for Mental Health
- Trained in Trauma-Focused CBT through the National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Provided outpatient trauma-focused psychotherapy through Lutheran Medical Center
- Trained in Functional Family Therapy (FFT) and provided in-home services to families through the Children's Aid Society
- Provided outpatient psychotherapy to children, adolescents and adults at the Park Slope Center for Mental Health
- Served as a School Social Worker in a charter middle school in Brooklyn working with high needs students with severe behavioral and emotional disruptions
In addition, I have lectured in psychology courses at the undergraduate level on attachment theory and it's role in healthy child development as well as personality formation the impact of the quality of early attachment on relationships throughout the lifespan.
My clinical approach is eclectic and collaborative. Interventions are guided by the needs of individual clients and families. I incorporate mindfulness and CBT skills as needed to partner with individual clients as well as parents and families to achieve the desired changes. I do not believe that a one-sized approach fits all and that is why I work with clients to incorporate individualized approaches that will make therapy the most beneficial process possible. My background in art informs and enriches my clinical interactions with both children and adults. I participate in on-going professional training so that I can best serve the diverse and changing needs of all of my clients.
Professional Membership: National Association of Social Workers (NASW)